[Openvpn-users] Re: Session Tracking

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Session Tracking
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 18:26:08 -0500

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:55:33 -0400, Chester Chee wrote:
> I want to know who (particular user) has connected no happen what
> dynamic IP is assigned to him/her. It will be CN of the client
> certificate, I think. Thanks in advance.

Use a learn-address script (documented in the man page) to record this

Another way to easily have logs indicate who was connected at what time is
to add DNS entries, including reverse-lookup entries, based on the CN of
the connected users. I've posted a script for doing this to this list

Openvpn-users mailing list