Does anyone use OpenVPN as "virtual network" for a "virtual company/community"?
I would like to configure one computer on a network with a open port in the firewall o be a server for a virtual company.
The network traffic in this virtual network should not have access to that server, just to other computers connected to the same server.
So if John, Mikael and Sven decides to start virtual company they do the following.
1. They get someone to host this virtual network server.
2. The hosting person/company gives them an ip address & port (probably 80 or 443) to access this virtual network. I assume using port 80 or 443 would be necassary in order to communicate thru most configured FW:s.
3. Each person connects via a VPN client to this network (via Firewalls) , and can securely access resources on the other computers on this virtual network.
4. A FW software on each client controls what data that are exposed via each clients virtual network adapter to the other computers on the "virtual network".
5. No traffic on the virtual network should be exposed (routed) to other networks that any client computer has access to.
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus