Re: [Openvpn-users] Q: Bridging .ovpn config problem

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Q: Bridging .ovpn config problem
  • From: Jon Bendtsen <jon.bendtsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:32:58 +0200

Den 30. jul 2004, kl. 18:09, skrev Raymond:

 ... I use routing and a wins server, and
though network neighbourhood doesnt work, typing \\machinename
does work.

I'm unclear on this. Why would Network Neighborhood not work in OpenVPN 2.x
routing mode and an smb (say samba) server? I can understand that a host may
not be reachable but visibility through an name server should not be an
issue.

Please elaborate.

because i use routing and thus no broadcasts gets across the network.

JonB