[Openvpn-users] RE: Net Send Fail

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] RE: Net Send Fail
  • From: "Ngai Steve" <hkcow@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:21:58 +0800

Erik Anderson, Thx for your reply.

I am now using TAP, and let's fix the problem to 1 server and 1 client only.

serving have 1 TAP-32 adaptor + 1 LAN adaptor, they are bridged together. I am now using TCP-Server and TCP-Client mode, the client can connect to the server successfully, and ftp, telnet, remotedesktop etc have no problem.

The server can access the client's pc by "\\CLIENT-NAME", or "\\CLIENT-IP". The client can also access the server by "\\SERVER-NAME" or "\\SERVER-IP".

The server can use "NET SEND CLIENT-IP MSG" to send messger to the client, while using computer name cannot.
The client cannot issue any net send to the server.

Both the server and the client have messenger service turned on, why is the net send fail? THX