[Openvpn-users] Openvpn 2 beta 7 - Multi clients to one server!

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn 2 beta 7 - Multi clients to one server!
  • From: "florian lamberty" <flo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 13:33:55 +0200

Hello!

I´m trying again to use multipul clients to connect to one server. It just
wont work :-( I read that afew people have got it running, with alot of
clients connecting.

Each client for it self works great. Once another clients connects, the
server log records this:

TLS Error: Unknown opcode (6) received from x.x.x.x:5000

And then the server restarts and the error occurs for the other client...

This is the config on the server:

ort 5000
dev tap0

tls-server
ca /etc/openvpn/key/ca.crt
cert /etc/openvpn/key/inter.crt
key /etc/openvpn/key/inter.key
dh /etc/openvpn/key/dh1024.pem

mode server

ifconfig 192.168.100.0 255.255.255.0
ifconfig-pool 192.168.100.100 192.168.100.125
ping 10
ping-restart 120
ping-timer-rem
persist-tun
persist-key
push "ping 10"
push "ping-restart 60"

user nobody
group nogroup

comp-lzo
daemon
mute 5
log /var/log/openvpn
verb 5
Float

The Clients have something like this:

port 5000
dev tap
remote MYSERVER

# TLS parms

tls-client
ca ../config/ca.crt
cert ../config/inter.crt
key ../config/inter.key
ifconfig 192.168.100.7 255.255.255.0
comp-lzo
ping 10
verb 1
mute 1

-----
I´ve different IP´s for each client!

The whole ca.cert, inter.crt and inter.key stuff is the same on the server
and the clients (I think here is my problem..)

Could the people who got the vpn running with more then one client post
their configs? Or can someone post a howto for the key stuff? I haven´t
really understood how that works, and what I should do for more then one
client.

Thanks alot for your help!!!