Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn workgroup problem

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn workgroup problem
  • From: "Michael Kelly" <mkelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 22:39:58 -0600

Hi Doug,

Thank you for the response.

I understand that broadcasting does not occur accross the tunnel. What I
do not quite understand is why I was able to see the office workgroup
computers from the remote location when on a WinXP Pro machine, but the
same was not true when I was on a win2000 machine at the same remote
location.

I guess to me it is an interesting situation and causes me to think that
there could be a configuration issue.

Are remote machines able to register themselves with a WINS server at
the office location?

Thanks for any further info
Michael Kelly

***********************************
Michael Kelly
Information Services Junior
Komex International Ltd.
mkelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
phone: 1-250-384-1499
fax: 1-250-384-1201
**********************************
IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This email is confidential, may be legally
privileged, and is for the intended recipient only.
Access, disclosure, copying, distribution, or reliance on any of it by
anyone not the intended recipient is prohibited
and may be a criminal offence.  Please delete if obtained in error and
email confirmation to the sender.

>>> Doug Lytle <support@xxxxxxxxxx> 07/16/04 1:59 PM >>>
Michael,

This is true in a routed VPN network, but should not be the case in a
bridged VPN network.

Doug