[Openvpn-users] Release: OpenVPN-GUI with support for passphrase protected keys

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Release: OpenVPN-GUI with support for passphrase protected keys
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:33:12 +0200 (CEST)

I dicided to release a version of OpenVPN-GUI for Windows that supports asking for a passphrase and pass it to OpenVPN.

For this to work, I've created a patch for OpenVPN that allows passing the passphrase as a cmd-line option. I know this is not the ideal way of handling this, so this should just be considered as a temporary solution until we have the management interface available in OpenVPN, so we can pass the passphrase that way. A patched version of openvpn.exe is availble on my homepage aswell as a compleat installation package including the patched version of OpenVPN 2.0-beta7 and OpenVPN-GUI v1.5-beta1.

http://www.nilings.se/openvpn