Re: [Openvpn-users] no need to configure win-tap

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] no need to configure win-tap
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 20:36:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, sam wrote:

I remember there was a post talking about how to make a sslvpn client configure the port automatically when a sslvonp server push the configuration to the client. Currently I need to manually configure the win-tap virtual ethernet driver.

What do you need to manually configure on the win-tap interface? With OpenVPN 2.0 you can push most options to the client, so all you need to configure is the basic openvpn config-file so it knows which server to connect to. Or did you just mean that you need to install the tap device before you can use openvpn?

I don't think that is neccessary for a basic SSLVPN connection.

True, if you mean one of those web-ssl based vpns. But they don't give you a true ip tunnel from what I´ve understood. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Unfortunately, I lost the previous email.
Does anyone has any reference?

Not in my inbox. Use the archive.

-- _____________________________________________________________ Mathias Sundman (^) ASCII Ribbon Campaign NILINGS AB X NO HTML/RTF in e-mail Tel: +46-(0)8-666 32 28 / \ NO Word docs in e-mail