[Openvpn-users] WINS

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] WINS
  • From: "Travis Bullock" <tbullock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 15:46:02 -0600

Greetings.

Anyone have an example of what a server and client side conf file should look like to enable WINS? I can ping across all my work subnets from my home computer but WINS is not resolving. Server is RedHat 9.0 home client is Windows XP Pro.

Server side conf file:

dev tun
ifconfig 10.0.5.6 10.0.5.5
tun-mtu 1500

;up ./rw.up
secret tbullock.rw.key
port 15001

# Uncomment this section for a more reliable detection when a system
# loses its connection.  For example, dial-ups or laptops that
# travel to other locations.
; ping 15
; ping-restart 45
; ping-timer-rem
; persist-tun
; persist-key

comp-lzo
verb 3
mute 10

;route vpn_gateway
Currently don't have a copy of my client conf file as it is at home and turned off.......could follow up with it if required.

Thanks to anybody who can help.

Cheers,

Travis