RE: [Openvpn-users] Release: OpenVPN-GUI for Windows v1.0-beta2

  • Subject: RE: [Openvpn-users] Release: OpenVPN-GUI for Windows v1.0-beta2
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 16:28:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004, Tyrone Omidi wrote:
How about options manage the service?

How would you like to see this implemented? Just another menu item that can start/stop the service?

You could have user and service modes like VNC does. To start with, you could simply have options to start/stop/restart the service. Makes it easier than talking someone through going into services. Quick for admins too.

I've added this feature in OpenVPN-GUI v1.0-beta5.

I think the openvpnserv.exe would need to be modified to start
individual configs on demand?

Working on this...

I think it could become complicated if you implement GUI configuration.
But that's still arguably easier than the config file, especially is
help is available for each option.

If I would implement a GUI editor, I'd make it a registry option to enable it, so regular users don't see this menuitem.

I still consider setting up a VPN to be the task of a network administrator, and after that is done there should be no need for the actual user to edit his config.