[Openvpn-users] Newbie NAT question

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Newbie NAT question
  • From: Anthony Ewell <aewell@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 16:24:31 -0700

Hi All,

    I want to connect only one computer on
a private network (192.168.255.0) to only
one computer on a distant private network
(10.0.4.0) through firewalls on both ends.

Question 1:  can I just put port forwards
in both firewalls to redirect the public IP
and OvenVPN port of the distant ends to the
local computers?

(I may be new to Open VPN but I am fairly
good at iptables.  I have done something
similar to this before for a Citrix server
behind one of my iptables firewalls.)

Question 2:  I do not want any stray traffic
from the other computers on the two private
networks to enter the tunnel.  Do I have to
tell Open VPN do this?

Many thanks, --Tony aewell@xxxxxxxx