Re: [Openvpn-users] Success

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Success
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 20:17:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Don Weeks wrote:

I have gotten 2.0 beta 7 running with certificates. Multiple instances/Multiuser. This was a real head banger (getting the certifcate stuff right) but not impossible. I am now trying to tackle the task of implementing it company wide. What is the best practice for implementing multiple users with certificates? Generate one certificate and just pass it out or have each user request a certificate (which I loathe to explain to the unwashed).

Create the certificates and hand them out to your users.

Is there a way through the client config to create the routes in a generic way (Windows and Linux) or do you create a .bat and .sh file for just such a purpose?

Not sure what you mean. With v2.0 you can push the routes from the server to the clients. If you need individual routes for diffrent users, then you can use the --client-config-dir option and have individual config files on the server.

The syntax of the route commands in then automaticly generated by the client for each platform.