Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn XP road warrior client with Redhat NAT server

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn XP road warrior client with Redhat NAT server
  • From: Lehmann Guillaume <lehmann@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 21:41:00 +0100

Linux Guru wrote:
Hello all,
small question ,
I have a redhat 9 router with two interfaces eth0 (external x.x.x.x) and eth1 ( Internal y.y.y.y)
openvpn clients are connection through eth0, now I want them to acess my Internal Network.
if I execute the command ifconfig, I can see 3 devices I.e. eth0, eth1, tun0
How should I write my rules in iptables to fullfill this task, do I have to add any route for this ??
Can you give more details about the kinds of internal addresses. ? Are they public or private (192.168.X.X or 10.X.X.X or 172.16.X.X) ?

In the OpenVPN's HOWTO, you can find some examples for using iptables with private addresses.