[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN on VPS(virtual private server)

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN on VPS(virtual private server)
  • From: gary ng <garyng2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:32:05 -0800 (PST)

As there are more and more virtual private
server(usually some form of user mode linux) service
available which is cheap and reliable, I am
considering setting up a VPN running OpenVPN on it,
say open 3-5 ports for a small network.

The issue I want to know is, is there a remote
possibily the hosting opertor can 'sniff' the packets
after it has been decrypted at the other end ? Would
it be better in this case to use IPSec for this kind
of usage ?

I understand that the hosting operator can 'inject' a
compromised executable but that I may be able to some
sort of preventing by periodically checking the md5
sums of key executables.

thanks for any insight on this kind of usage.

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now

Openvpn-users mailing list