[Openvpn-users] Routing does not seem to be working

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Routing does not seem to be working
  • From: Christian Gross <chg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:07:27 +0100

In the Windows Installation notes there is a section that shows how to route packets. As try as I might on three different boxes and platforms I simply cannot get it to work.

Ok, the server has the following configuration

Tap-driver, and ethernet address Subnet mask

The configuration file is

On the client side the configuration is

So when the server is started the client can connect no problem.

If I do a ping everything works.

Then on the client side I add  route

Then I do a ping and everything works...

Where the problem lies is if I ping, which times out.

Note that between the VPN server and client is my router that redirects port 5000.

Could somebody please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Christian Gross

Openvpn-users mailing list