Re: [Openvpn-users] Client/Server initiated SIGHUP

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Client/Server initiated SIGHUP
  • From: Doug Lytle <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:23:36 -0400

Thanks for your input, I guess I need to do a little more reading of the OpenVPN manual.

Doug

James Yonan wrote:

Doug,

A few thoughts:

* Generating a new static key, sending it over the tunnel, and using it as
basis to restart a new tunnel is more work and doesn't give you "perfect
forward security".  SSL/TLS gives you dynamic keys + perfect forward security.