[Openvpn-users] LAN gaming over openVPN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] LAN gaming over openVPN
  • From: "Owain Evans" <tom_jones_mk2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 23:09:58 +0100

Sorry this is slightly off topic.

I'm trying to use openVPN to connect two linux routers, RouterA and RouterB
with DSL connections. Now, it's all working fine except now I want to be
able to play LAN games which involve clients both sides of the VPN. ATM the
subnet behind RouterA is 192.168.1.0/24 and RouterB is 192.168.0.0/24.

I've read somewhere that  I have to either fool the computers on subnetA
that the clients on subnetB are on the same subnet or get multicast packets
to travel through the vpn tunnel. Is this correct?

So I'm wondering a) is it possible b) what tools I need to use to do this.

I've read about ethernet bridging, proxy arp, routing, or do I just need
some clever iptables rules?

I hope you can help, or point me in the right direction!

Thanks Owain Evans