Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 1.3.2 on FreeBSD 4.8

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 1.3.2 on FreeBSD 4.8
  • From: "James Yonan" <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 04:03:20 -0000

openvpn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

> Hi there!
>
> I'm trying to use OpenVPN 1.3.2 i386-portbld-freebsd4.8.  I installed it
> right from the FreeBSD ports system, but when I run OpenVPN, I get the
> following error message:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: openvpn: Undefined symbol
> "OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms"

OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms is a function that exists in the OpenSSL library
which OpenVPN needs, but is not finding at runtime.  It looks like OpenVPN was
built for linkage to the OpenSSL shared library, but there is some problem
with the dynamic linkage.  I don't personally use OpenVPN on FreeBSD, but you
might try building from a source tarball, using static linkage with the
OpenSSL library.