[Openvpn-users] Cannot ioctl TUNSETIFF

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Cannot ioctl TUNSETIFF
  • From: "Bowsher, Jason P" <j.bowsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 16:27:12 +0100

I am trying to setup OpenVPN to act as a VPN server which will allow clients
to connect to the office network.  It is not clear to me if this is possible
or if openVPN can only create tunnels between two gateways as a means of
linking two networks rather than allowing mobile users to connect to the

Anyway I have followed the instructions (except setting up a firewall as we
already have this configured) and when trying to start openvpn (tls-server).
I get the following error message:

Cannot ioctl TUNSETIFF tun: Invalid argument (errno=22)

Can anyone suggest what might be the problem as there is very litle
published on this.