[Openvpn-devel] Re: OpenVPN Protocol

  • Subject: [Openvpn-devel] Re: OpenVPN Protocol
  • From: Gervasio Bernal <gervasiobernal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 14:26:41 +0000 (UTC)

Lars Gullik BjÃnnes <larsbj <at> gullik.net> writes:

> Gervasio Bernal <gervasiobernal <at> speedy.com.ar> writes:
> | First of all, I will explain what we are trying to develop. Basically, our
> | is to make OpenVPN works at kernel level, not at user level, and use the
> | cryptoapi instead of openssl.
> Just a question.
> Why do you want to do this? Performance or something else?
> To me running in userspace is one of the really good things about
> OpenVPN.

You are right!, running in userspace is a great thing because it facilitates the
portability, but you lose performance. Obviously, if we run it at kernel level
we will lose that portability, but we will win performance.

Gervasio Bernal from Mendoza - Argentina
Pedro Deis from Mendoza - Argentina

Openvpn-devel mailing list