Re: [Openvpn-devel] Many to one TCP question

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-devel] Many to one TCP question
  • From: <lonnie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:49:12 -0700

Thanks for the reply to my email on this matter.

In reading over the information on the site, I can see what you are talking about and also about
the memory consumption because of the many instances, one for each user.

In the early Beta 2.0 release notes, it talks about UDP in a "many-to-one" design which I assume
means only one instance per user.

I was wondering if this would soon be available for the TCP side of the house as well as it seems
to be more valuable for road warrior connections over the Internet and can easily tunnel through
firewalls, although I could be wrong on this.

Thanks again,
Lonnie