[Openvpn-devel] OpenVPN 2.0 (test23) and logging

  • Subject: [Openvpn-devel] OpenVPN 2.0 (test23) and logging
  • From: Mike Auty <m.auty@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 19:35:42 +0100

Hi James,
First off, great program, it's really amazing what you and the other developers have achieved.
Secondly the new 2.0 seems to be working out quite well, but I ran into a little difficulty. The problem I was having turned out to be a firewall misconfiguration (read something I should have checked at the beginning, hehe), but whilst I was trying to debug a connection that just wouldn't work I found it very difficult in the server logs to differentiate messages from one connected client and another.
I'm guessing this is just a hangover from openvpn 1 having been single connection only, but it would be really helpful to have some kind of identifier that ties all the log messages relating to a particular connection (and I guess one for messages that haven't been associated with a particular connection yet).
Anyway, thanks again for a fantastic piece of software, I look forward to trying out the future versions as soon as they get released!
Mike 5:)