Android Release Notes | OpenVPN Connect
- Fixed issues with the application launch on some devices.
- Added Captive Portal Detection.
- Added settings, "Allow LAN Access" and "System Browser Auth."
- Fixed issues with file import.
- Fixed issues on Chrome OS.
- Improved stability and performance.
- Updated information exchange for OpenVPN Cloud users.
- Bumped version to 3.3.0 for consistency with other platforms. No functional changes.
- OpenSSL updated to 1.1.1n (fix for CVE-2022-0778).
- Added import using Web Authentication in a system browser.
- Changed Web Auth flow to use external browser for authentication.
- Resolved a bug when importing OpenVPN Cloud profiles.
- Added support for deep linking and web authentication using system web browser.
- Minor fix for Web Auth flow.
- Minor changes for Web Auth flow.
- Minor bug fixes.
- Fixed issue with 'mssfix' option in .ovpn profiles.
- Switchover from MbedTLS library to OpenSSL library.
- Support of TLS 1.3 version.
- Support signing with RSA-PSS signatures during TLS handshake.
- Update of OpenVPN3 library to 3.5.5 version.
- Improved stability and performance.
- MbedTLS update to 2.7.13 including fix for CVE-2019-18222.
- New profile import flow with WebAuth support and "Connect after import" ability.
- Improved VPN connection stability when application is in background.
- Added app notification in case when the VPN connection was interrupted.
- MbedTLS updated to 2.7.11.
- Dropped support of MD5 algorithm because it is insecure.
- Disabled tunnel compression by default (can be enabled in the app settings).
- Removed Private Tunnel section.
- Support of 64-bit architecture.
- Added dark theme.
- Added support of TalkBack.
- Improved battery usage by reducing speed stats frequency from 1 to 10 sec.
- Fixed connection with static-challenge response.
- Fixed proxy basic authentication.
- Fixed ‘AES-CBC cipher algorithm’ setting.
- Refactor of PT adaptive logic.
- Added PT cancel login.
- Changed PT icon.
- Removed reconnect when changing timeout.
- Bug fixes for UI, logs, shortcuts, timeouts and certificate revoke.
- PT OBFS fix.
- PT added do not log out on back button feature.
- Fixed .ovpn file association.
- Added minimize app on disconnect shortcut feature.
- Added pause/resume and clear logs feature.
- Few fixes with logs and shortcuts.
- Fix crash during PT login.
- Added access to settings from PT login screen.
- Added info about PT protocol/port.
- Autologin on bookmarks.
- Import from SD card.
- Integration with external apps (file associations).
- Fixed issue with Basic Authentication.
- Various migration fixes.
- Migration fixes.
- Proxy basic authentication fix.
- OnePlus device specific fixes.
- Added ‘don’t show again’ option for disconnect modal.
- Open app at last used profile.
- Profiles sorting.
- Fix for PT login for blocking.
- Added Share button on log screen.
- 2FA fix.
- Label fix for OnePlus devices.
- Changed PT sub expired error message.
- TLS handshake fix.
- TCP connection fix.
- Added options to not save key passphrase/vpn password.
- Fix for profile migration from old version on some configurations.
- More crash fixes.
- Fix for disconnect after wake from sleep.
- Fixed issue with VPN pause when network is unavailable.
- Fixed crashes.
- Added disconnection shortcut.
- Added prompt when exiting PT.
- Profiles and settings now preserved on update.
- Fixed reconnection issue on 3g->wifi switch.
- Replaced UI layer with new UI build on React Native.
- Completely updated profile management.
- Updated PrivateTunnel icon in main screen.
- Fixed false positives triggering MD5 warning popup.
- Changed notification icon to monochrome design.
- Added warning message when connecting to server using MD5 to sign certificate.
- Added knob to reject connection using certificates signed with MD5 (default on).
- Added knob to switch to Dark theme.
- Fixed crash when pushing the 'back' button in file dialog.
- Relax the certificate validation in mbedTLS to allow certificates with broken date format to connect.
- Re-enabled deprecated and insecure md5 signature algorithm. Support for md5 will be officially DROPPED on Apr 31st 2018.
- Fix connection issues to servers supporting only TLS1.0, which was causing crashes on very old vpn servers (< 2.3.7).
- Fix for importing profiles using external certificates/bundles.
- Upgrade to mbedTLS 2.6.0.
- Upgrade to lz4 1.8.0.
- Upgrade to Android 8 SDK.
- Ask for user permissions at runtime.
- Open import file dialog on user external storage by default.
- Fix for crash if storage path not found.
- Fix for shortcut creation under Oreo.
- Update ovpn3 core.
- Added tls-crypt support.
- Updated mbedTLS (formerly PolarSSL) to 1.3.16.
- Miscellaneous OpenVPN core 3 updates.