Re: [Openvpn-users] 2.1rc4 server mode: second client can't ping

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] 2.1rc4 server mode: second client can't ping
  • From: Tavin Cole <tavin.cole@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:33:45 -0500

well, i did try downgrading the server to 2.0.9.  the behavior didn't
change, but i eventually noticed that even though OpenVPN thought it was
successfully adding the route 10.8.0.0/24 gw 10.8.0.2, that route never
showed up in ROUTE PRINT.

i added "route-method exe" to my server config and everything works now,
though i have no idea why the ipapi route add wasn't working.  maybe a
result of windows small business server handicaps.

i'm considering whether to go back to 2.1rc and use subnet topology..
you said subnet topology was a lot harder to debug..  why?  what are the
drawbacks?

regards
-tavin