Re: [Openvpn-users] help with setting up first vpn, some urgency!

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] help with setting up first vpn, some urgency!
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:07:16 +0100

@david

there are some reasons to set up TAP :) but i agree, not for the first
easy to use vpn =)

i use TAP for my gaming network project (something like hamachi) and
there i need TAP cause LAN-only multiplayer games most use Broadcasts to
communicate with other players.
other reasons are if u want to do OSPF or RIP over tunnel nodes (client
to clinet), they use multicasts / broadcasts too

regards
 marco