Re: [Openvpn-users] openVPN performance comparison numbers

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openVPN performance comparison numbers
  • From: "Ross Cameron" <ross.cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:08:49 +0200

Personally I've found several issues with any form of crypto software:
1)    Virtual machines perform floating point math abysmally slowly!
No matter what the quest and host OSs (yes even Linux's crypto slows to a crawl in virtual hardware.)
2)    Windows (any version) even on native hardware doesn't perform much better.

Is there any reason you are running VPN servers on a Windows box and not on a more hardened OS like Linux/*BSD ?