Re: [Openvpn-users] Road Warrior email sending (SOLVED)

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Road Warrior email sending (SOLVED)
  • From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:41:30 -0600

Jeff Boyce wrote:
> There were two issues occurring here.  I changed the outgoing mail
> server to the same as my incoming mail server and selected the option in
> Windows Mail to use the same authentication as the incoming server.
> Then, I put wireshark on the problem laptop, and the output made me
> suspect that it was a firewall issue at the public access wifi point.  I
> tried the same configuration at another public wifi point and everything
> worked as expected.

You'll probably find a lot of places block port 25 (smtp) outbound
except though the ISP's relay.   If your mail server accepts it, you may
have better luck with smtps on port 465.  Mail clients have different
ways of specifying this - it may be something like a checkbox for
'always encrypt'.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx