Re: [Openvpn-users] TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
  • From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:52:38 +0000

On Nov 27, 2007 4:34 PM, Siegfried Heintze <SHeintze@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rebooting XP Pro fixed the problem.
>
> There are a lot of NTP clients out there -- do you have any favorites
> for windows? I thought windows XP Pro had an NTP client built into it?
> Does not XP have a special dialog box somewhere that allows you to
> specify the IP address of an NTP server? Perhaps I have it turned off on
> this machine? Can anyone remind me of how to get to that dialog? I tried
> the obvious: the control panel's date and time applet. Could it be that
> the build-in NTP client is exclusive to XP server?

If your system is *not* part of a domain (and you have the appropriate
rights, from memory if you're either a Power User or Administrator)
it's there under "Internet Time".  Failing that you can use the
command line of "net time /setsntp:pool.ntp.org" (or your chosen NTP
server).

Failing that, the vanilla NTP client from the ISC works nicely.  I've
usually grabbed the binary of a relatively old version from
www.five-ten-sg.com when I've needed it.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.