[Openvpn-users] Possible minor bug with IP aliases

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Possible minor bug with IP aliases
  • From: Erhard Weinell <weinell0707@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 19:25:51 +0100

Greetings,

I encountered a bug when running OpenVPN in bridge mode on a network
interface with aliases assigned, and connecting to the aliased IP.
Independend of the IP given in the OVPN config, replies will always be
sent from the physical interface's IP. This causes udp conn tracking on
client's side to discard these packets. Therefore, I suggest OVPN
should use the configured ip as reply source address.