[Openvpn-users] Endpoint selection

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Endpoint selection
  • From: "Stiegler, Rene" <rstiegle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 14:20:12 -0400

Title: Endpoint selection

I am new to the list.

Basically, I would like to install a simple server with multiple clients.  However, I want to be able to assign the private IP addresses to the clients.  I am using the sample configuration files found in the How To section.  The only difference is that I created my ccd folder and client files.

I can get one client to successfully connect but the second client fails.  The error message is:
There is a problem in your selection of --ifconfig endpoints [local=10.8.0.3, remote=10.8.0.1].  The local and remote VPN endpoints cannot use the first or last address within a given 255.255.255.252 subnet.

I ran the openvpn --show-valid-subnets command and I thought I understood the output and I adjusted my private IP addresses accordingly.  However, I still am not successfully in getting the second client to connect.  When I comment out client-config-dir ccd command both clients connect successfully.

Any thoughts?