Re: [Openvpn-users] DLL hell: libssleay.dll ordinal number 3873 problem when using OpenVPN and OpenSCs Windows SmartCard Bundle

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] DLL hell: libssleay.dll ordinal number 3873 problem when using OpenVPN and OpenSCs Windows SmartCard Bundle
  • From: Reimer-Karlsen Masur <karlsen-masur@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 21:41:29 +0200

I meant to include the following quote from the guy who (IMO) developed the OpenVPN patches to make it work with OpenSC under Windows:

From <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=200502020908.26984.fritz.elfert%40millenux.com>

Notes:
On Win32, the binary distribution of OpenSC is linked agains a different
openssl version. Since you cannot use 2 versions of the same DLL from
within one binary, on Win32 one must rebuild OpenSC and/or OpenVPN linking
against the same openssl lib.

Reimer-Karlsen Masur wrote:
My guess is that something in the Windows build process of the Windows smartcard bundle of OpenSC changed, i.e. maybe it's a different version of openssl or some compiler flag that is using different ordinals than before or a different compiler (version) all together.

I crosspoested this to both lists since I got the feeling that the Windows installer builder/maintainer of both packages (OpenVPN and Win-SCB) need to coordinate how their package is linking into libssleay and therefore how to build the libssleay DLLs for windows that each of the package can run on its own but if used together will still work...

Thanks &

Kind Regards

Reimer Karlsen-Masur

DFN-PKI FAQ: https://www.pki.dfn.de/faqpki

Dipl.-Inform. Reimer Karlsen-Masur (PKI Team),   Phone   +49 40 808077-615

DFN-CERT Services GmbH, https://www.dfn-cert.de,  Phone  +49 40 808077-555
Sitz / Register: Hamburg, AG Hamburg, HRB 88805,  Ust-IdNr.:  DE 232129737
Heidenkampsweg 41, 20097 Hamburg/Germany, CEO: Dr. Klaus-Peter Kossakowski