Re: [Openvpn-users] Works on Windows but not Ubuntu or Nokia N800 (Debian-based ) Linux

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Works on Windows but not Ubuntu or Nokia N800 (Debian-based ) Linux
  • From: "David Balazic" <David.Balazic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:27:45 +0200

Title: Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn-users Digest, Vol 16, Issue 30
1) AFAIK, Ubuntu desktop has no firewall (it has no services running, so why waste energy on blocking
something that does not exist ?)
2.) why would he need forwarding on a client ?

I think the command "iptables -l" would print info if a firewall is set up or not. (I am no iptables expert)

mfresh, are you running openvpn as root ?
What is the routing table ("route -n") after openvpn is started ?

Regards,
David