Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn client on freebsd

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn client on freebsd
  • From: Willy Offermans <Willy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:55:55 +0200

Hello Harry, openvpn friends and FreeBSD friends,

Setup is really easy.

switch to root
cd /usr/ports/security/openvpn
make install
cd /usr/local/etc/openvpn/
cp /usr/local/share/doc/openvpn/sample-config-files/client.conf . (the dot is necessary)
edit client.conf and adjust to your needs

The last step is usually straightforward, but if you encounter some problems,
send us some error logs and config files and we will help you.

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 01:37:24PM -0300, Harry Doyle wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I have a FreeBSD box i would like to hook up to a linux based openvpn
> server. How do i setup an openvpn client on FreeBSD? Everything i've seen so
> far on unix was for running servers. Is there a howto on this?
> Thanks,
> Harry

Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,