[Openvpn-users] How-To Centralized Sign on?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] How-To Centralized Sign on?
  • From: "Aminuddin Abdullah" <amin.scg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 09:32:41 +0800

I have plenty of users that need to use my VPN servers.
There are more than 7 servers serving more than 500 users at any one time but at the moment each client will try to connect to one of the servers randomly.

Each client is issued one certificate for identification and authentication and each client is suppose to have only one connection / one PC at anytime. However this load balancing/clustering of OpenVPN is not possible cause user can still use his cert on another workstation but connected to another vpn server.

Is there any mechanism that will control all login centrally and then connect the users to the vpn servers using only their user ID? Any sample design that I can look at?
Thanks