Re: [Openvpn-users] Possible routing problem

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Possible routing problem
  • From: "Daniel L. Miller" <dmiller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 15:49:40 -0700

Daniel L. Miller wrote:
> I don't know if this was the CORRECT solution, but adding an iptables
> source-NAT on the VPN server, directing my LAN-client traffic intended
> for the VPN to go through the TUN interface seems to work.

Well, I though I had it, but I guess not.

To review - I'm trying to access a TUN/udp/routed vpn from within the
vpn-server's LAN.  vpn communication between clients and (linux) server
seems fine.

Is LAN to VPN client communication done purely through routing tables?
Or are re-direct rules such as iptables required?

Daniel