2.1rc4 for over 4 months?

  • Subject: 2.1rc4 for over 4 months?
  • From: "Brian J. Murrell" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 07:47:36 -0400

Anyone know why 2.1rc4 has been stagnant for over 4 months?  If there
have been no meaningful bug reports in those 4 months -- enough to
warrant rc5, why not just release it!

The webpage seems a little stale too.  "What's New"'s most recent entry
is 2006.10.01.  Nearly a year old.

And indeed, the openvpn-devel archive seems to stop in April 2007 as
well.  Oh, but openvpn-users is not archived beyond 2007-04 either.
Looks like somebody (at openvpn.net) is asleep at the wheel.  Probably
the same person who makes releases?

Fortunately the gmane archive seems to be up to date.

What do we have to do to get openvpn.net to "wake up"?

Sadly as well, there is not "commits" mailing list either.  Nor a
"viewcvs" or bonsai type interface to the SVN repo.

b.

Brian J. Murrell