Re: [Openvpn-users] Push DHCP option on Linux

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Push DHCP option on Linux
  • From: "Peter Njiiri" <pnjiiri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:36:28 +0400

Hi Erich

I've gone through the HOWTO's and tried checking for a precedure for running a script (I've not seen example scripts during my search) to push dhcp option on a Linux workstation.I tried running the only script given in the web link below (from my previous email) but it proves unsuccessful on my openSUSE 10.2 workstation. Please, send me a link on sample scripts and procedure/HOWTO to push this option on the client. Thanks for your time!

Kind Regards

Peter

Peter Njiiri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've a Windows XP machine which takes up the "push dhcp-options" fine
> but my linux cannot. I've seen replies regarding this related issue on
> /_http://openvpn.net/archive/openvpn-users/2006-06/msg00114.html_/ but I
> don't know how to run the script or tweak the dhclient??Is there a
> package I can install or a script that can run that enables this option
> when I run the openvpn client??Please help!

from the RTFM

The OpenVPN server can push DHCP options such as DNS and WINS server
addresses to clients (some caveats to be aware of). Windows clients can
accept pushed DHCP options natively, while non-Windows clients can
accept them by using a client-side up script which parses the
foreign_option_n environmental variable list. See the man page or
openvpn-users mailing list archive for non-Windows foreign_option_n
documentation and script examples.

cheers

Erich