Re: [Openvpn-users] Today (8/14/2007) Microsoft update broke all Windows OpenVPN setups!

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Today (8/14/2007) Microsoft update broke all Windows OpenVPN setups!
  • From: Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães <leolistas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:37:02 -0300

Andrew Scherpbier escreveu:
I have not been able to figure out which update is the culprit, but I know it has to be one of these:

KB936782
KB936021
KB938127
KB938828
KB921503
KB938829
KB937143

Of those the KB938828 looks the most mysterious.

So, has anyone else seen this?
Does anyone know which specific update causes the problem?
Does anyone know any other workaround?

I have made a complete windowsupdate process which included the KB938828 one. After reboot, i could connect to my OpenVPN sites with no problems at all.

Connections were successfully established and routes were successfully added. Traffic was correctly forwarded to the VPN interface ..... everything seems to be working absolutely normal as it was before the windowsupdate process.

I'm also using clients Windows XP SP2 with OpenVPN 2.0.9 and GUI 1.0.3, server is also Linux with OpenVPN 2.0.9).

Seems, to me, that KB938828 didn't cause any kind of problem in my machine.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues

	gertrudes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx