Re: [Openvpn-users] Disable other network interfaces then openvpn uses

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Disable other network interfaces then openvpn uses
  • From: Tony <kb2wjw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:22:08 +0400

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:57:17 +0400, Josef Vavra <jv@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Notebooks of our users use a special GSM device to connect to an openvpn
> server and as soon as openvpn is connected all other network interfaces
> on the windows system become not only needless but rather a security
> risk.
I approached this issue the following way:
- the virtual adapter is the only one to which the "File'n'Printer
Sharing" and "Client 4 MS Network" are bound;
- all other physical interfaces are un-bound and only have the TCP/IP
protocol.

There are no open ports on my physical connections.

My setup requires to use the OpenVPN even while in the office, but I like
it.

--
Tony.