[Openvpn-users] Unreliable connection

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Unreliable connection
  • From: David Mills <djmills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:29:42 +0900

Hi,

I'm running a SuSE 10.2 OpenVPN server and client.  Connection occurs fine.
But it is very unreliable.  At best I get 20 mins connected.  I get
intermittent delays (no response to typing for up to about a minute).

After 1-20 mins it always hangs completely.

Any suggestions?

I have some other people connecting via both TunnelBlick and Windows OpenVPN
exe.  Both experience the same.

All internet connections are optical fibre based.  Both the client and server
are connected to the internet via a router (firewalled but with 1194 open to
the server).

Thanks,