Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn doesn't end with INITIALIZATION SEQUENCE COMPLETED when starting

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn doesn't end with INITIALIZATION SEQUENCE COMPLETED when starting
  • From: Tomslin Samme-Nlar <mesumbeslin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 23:18:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Radu,
Unfortunately,I can't ping 10.8.0.1 and this client is on the same segment as the server.No firewalls seperate them.

Radu Radutiu <rradutiu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/14/07, Tomslin Samme-Nlar wrote:
> Hi,
> There is something I don't understand.When I start the server,it assigns its
> tun0 an IP of 10.8.0.1 and p-t-p peer 10.8.0.2. Now when i start the OpenVPN
> client,it gets an IP within the server range 10.8.0.0/24 but sees its
> default gateway as 10.8.0.5.Yet I am not forwarding any client specific rule
> or options to this client.

See question 'Why does OpenVPN's "ifconfig-pool" option use a /30
subnet (4 private IP addresses per client) when used in TUN mode?' at
http://openvpn.net/faq.html .
If you client can connect and you can ping from the client address
10.8.0.1 (the server vpn address) that means that probably the VPN is
set up ok and your problems may be with the firewall, routing, etc.

Tomslin Samme-Nlar
Cell:(256)712703941
home page:http://tomsleen.linuxsolutions.co.ug
"
Sleep not much on Earth, for there is much sleep in the grave"

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.