Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.1 performance tests

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.1 performance tests
  • From: Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:48:17 -0700

Les Mikesell wrote:

> Thanks for posting this. Did you use the default cypher?

Default everything, except tweaking the compression (either
non-adaptive, or disabled). I just used the sample server.conf and
client.conf provided with openvpn

> Would you expect the bandwidth per connection to remain constant as you
> add more connections up to the number of CPU cores?

It's just a guess, but yes, the limiting factor appears to be the
openvpn server process saturating a CPU core, so the bandwidth _should_
scale up 4x linearly on a 4 core system. Of course, that needs to be
tested to be absolutely sure.

--
Florin Andrei