Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN v2.1 and GUI: what is the "disconnect" command?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN v2.1 and GUI: what is the "disconnect" command?
  • From: Timm Wimmers <timm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 14:50:27 +0200

Tony schrieb:
> Is it a command sent from a client to a server as well, or is it just a
> local SIGQUIT?
>
> (winXP-SP2 and OpenVPN v2.1rc4 on client and server)
>
> I see a "residual" incomming traffic on client after a disconnect. Is it a
> server trying to re-establish a seemingly lost connection?

If you have a "explicit-exit-notify 5" in your config of the client, the
disconnect command sends - who guess - a exit signal to the server and
there will be no incoming traffic from the server to the client.
Otherwise the server sends a ping  the client to see if the connection
is active.

Or something like that. :)