Re: [Openvpn-users] route single address through vpn

Willy Offermans wrote:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 01:34:34PM +0800, Max Waterman wrote:

Erich Titl wrote:

Max Waterman wrote:

Erich Titl wrote:

Max Waterman wrote:

Erich Titl wrote:

..

Why?

How do I enter a route to a subnet in the client configuration file?

You don't, you should push that route from the server.

So, you're saying there's no way to do that?

The easiest (and probably canonical) way to do this is to push it from
the server.

OK, so it's harder (and probably not canonical). So how do I do it in a
client configuration file?

I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why one would want to be able to do
this....plucking one out of the air...I don't have access to the server
configuration...oh, and another...the server works just fine, so better
not mess with it else I risk upsetting other people. In my case, it's
the latter. I want to make sure it works on the client before I mess
with the server, if I even bother to.

Hello Max,

I use ``up /etc/openvpn/up.sh'' in my client.conf file. In the
/etc/openvpn/up.sh file you can put something like
``/sbin/route add -net 192.168.126.0 netmask 255.255.255.0''
Although this solution depends much on the OS you are using
Sounds like a workable solution, though I'd have to do a 'down.sh' too, I suppose.

Thanks.

Max.