Re: [Openvpn-users] route single address through vpn

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] route single address through vpn
  • From: Willy Offermans <Willy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:41:00 +0200

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 01:34:34PM +0800, Max Waterman wrote:
> Erich Titl wrote:
> > Max Waterman wrote:

> >> So, you're saying there's no way to do that?
> >
> > The easiest (and probably canonical) way to do this is to push it from
> > the server.
> OK, so it's harder (and probably not canonical). So how do I do it in a
> client configuration file?
>
> I'm sure there are plenty of reasons why one would want to be able to do
> this....plucking one out of the air...I don't have access to the server
> configuration...oh, and another...the server works just fine, so better
> not mess with it else I risk upsetting other people. In my case, it's
> the latter. I want to make sure it works on the client before I mess
> with the server, if I even bother to.

Hello Max,

I use ``up /etc/openvpn/up.sh'' in my client.conf file. In the
/etc/openvpn/up.sh file you can put something like
``/sbin/route add -net 192.168.126.0 netmask 255.255.255.0''
Although this solution depends much on the OS you are using!

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With kind regards,

Willy