Re: [Openvpn-users] OPenVPN clients don't see each other on TAPbridge

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OPenVPN clients don't see each other on TAPbridge
  • From: "Serge Wautier" <serge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:12:34 +0100

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your reply.

> Why would you expect that to be different when you

First of all, I'm a total newbie in terms of TAP and bridges. So what I
expect might be totally wrong.

I expect the TAP and/or bridge interface to forward the packet to whoever
might be concerned. More accurately, I expect either the bridge to forward
the packet to the right interface.
Because if bridges don't do that, I confess I don't see the point:
TAP/bridge OpenVPN clients (and LAN clients) appear on the same subnet.
Pardon my ignorance but why would that be interesting if the subnet members
can't see each other?

Thanks for shedding some light,

Serge.