Re: [Openvpn-users] netsh firewall syntax question

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] netsh firewall syntax question
  • From: Konrad Karl <kk_konrad@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 20:38:48 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 01, 2007 at 07:35:08PM +0100, Denis Jedig wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:20:09 +0100 Konrad Karl wrote:
>
> > Ouch, 3'rd question within a single day...
>
> Mh.
>
> > what is the correct netsh syntax to disable/enable the
> > XP firewall only on the TAP adapter? Right now I am using:
> >
> > netsh firewall set opmode mode=disable
>
> | C:\Documents and Settings\Denis>netsh firewall set opmode help
> |
> | set opmode
> |       [ mode = ] ENABLE|DISABLE
> |       [ [ exceptions = ] ENABLE|DISABLE
> |         [ profile = ] CURRENT|DOMAIN|STANDARD|ALL
> |         [ interface = ] Name ]

Yes, I already know that. The problem is to get on the actual
name, e.g. "Local Area Connection 3", "Local Area Connection 7" etc.

I know there is only one TAP device being installed but how to get
the interface name from knowing it is a TAP device? (also see my other post
from today, using "TAP-Win32 Adapter V9" does not work)

It should work from a NSIS setup w/o any manual intervention.

Greetings,
Konrad