Re: [Openvpn-users] netsh firewall syntax question

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] netsh firewall syntax question
  • From: Davide Bolcioni <dblistsub-openvpn@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:37:25 +0100

On Thursday 01 March 2007 19:20:09 Konrad Karl wrote:

> what is the correct netsh syntax to disable/enable the
> XP firewall only on the TAP adapter? Right now I am using:
>
> netsh firewall set opmode mode=disable
>
> but I would like to leave it enabled on the external
> network interface.
>
> What interface name does netsh expect and how to
> obtain this info? (to be used with a hand-crafted
> nsis installer)

The name shown in the connections panel. When the TAP adapter is installed a
name is picked by Windows, something like "LAN Connection 3", but I usually
rename it to "OpenVPN".

For fun, you might want to try

  netsh interface set interface name = "Your Name Here" newname = "OpenVPN"

which does the same thing.

Hope this helps,
Davide Bolcioni
--