[Openvpn-users] does linux machine need to accept the virtual network

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] does linux machine need to accept the virtual network
  • From: Wallace Yang <yangres2002@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:29:52 -0500 (EST)

Dear openvpn users:

I'm new - new to vpn, and linux, and this is my first
post, so be gentle.  Consider:

There is a winvpn server, a winvpn client, and a linux
machine in between.  The winvpn server and clients are
on the same Lan, with the linux machine being a
firewall to the outside world.

I've been reading the howto - and there's something
I'm not clear about.  When the virtual network is
created by the server, it shouldn't be a subset or a
superset of the physical network, correct?

Let say the physical is 192.168.1.0/24, and the
virtual is 192.168.2.0/24.

Do I have to accept packets with 192.168.2.0/24
addresses in the forward chain in iptables of the
linux machine?

Thanks in advance