Re: [Openvpn-users] Iptables: match by OpenVPN client IP address rather than source address?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Iptables: match by OpenVPN client IP address rather than source address?
  • From: "Serge Wautier" <serge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 08:43:33 +0100

Erich, Les, thanks for your replies.

NAT won't work for me because the remote LANs contain servers. The goal is
to let users access their servers in their remote LANs.
IP Masquerading won't work either for the same reason (er... Is this true?
I'm a complete newbie to Linux!).

Port Forwarding is what I need. Unfortunately... The boxes used as OpenVPN
clients on the remote LANs don't support it! Please don't tell me to get rid
of them: I'm doing this job on behalf of these boxes' manufacturer :-) It's
a niche market in industrial automation and telemetry.

Serge.
http://www.apptranslator.com

PS: Erich, Outlook told me that your certificate is either invalid or